Back To School Advice For Life
The timing of the school year makes August/September a natural “beginning” time for many. Despite the fact that the year actually begins in January, many of us never shake off the feeling that the new year begins at the end of summer. No matter how long it’s been since you actually went “back to school,” or whether you have little ones starting a new year, August is a great time to take a deep breath and start fresh.
Like Robert Fulghum’s All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten, some tips are timeless.
1) Inventory what you already have before you buy more stuff.
2) Mitigate unexpected surprises by finding out as much info as possible ahead of time.
3) Find out where/who your support system is.
4) Get organized in a way that makes sense to YOU.
5) Create a space in your home where you can work undistracted.
6) Don’t overschedule. Plan for down time.
7) Find a really good bag.
8) Put everyone’s schedule in one place.
9) Expand your horizons with something new. Sign up for groups, projects, activities, but see #6.
10) Get better at something you love. Sign up for groups, projects, activities, but see #6.