Are you taking care of your home seasonally? It’s easy to get behind on all the little tasks around the house that keep your home in shape as the seasons change. If you need help keeping up with spring home maintenance, here are some tips from the home inspectors at Green Scene Home Inspections.
- Have your AC inspected to prepare for the warm months.
- Clean gutters: check for blockages, damage or deterioration and leaks.
- Clean all vents inside and out including dryer vent, exhaust vents and HVAC vents. Check for obstructions and clear dirty, dusty build-up.
- Check your HVAC filters and change if needed.
- Make sure your fire extinguisher in operational and not expired.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors.
- Test all GFCI receptacles (electrical outlets).
- Completely clean out refrigerator, disinfect and restock.
- Run a drill of your fire escape plan. Ensure your routes are clear and accessible – windows open, no furniture blocking exits, etc.
- Clean your range hood filter.
- Test your water heater’s pressure relief valve.