NOW OFFERING RESIDENTIAL MOLD SCREENS!
Green Scene Home Inspections is proud to be able to offer this valuable service to our customers. A Preliminary Mold Screen can be conducted at the same time as your General Home Inspection, or we can come out at a later time to conduct the screen independently. This economical option for mold testing is a great first step to take when you have concerns about this important safety issue.
The Preliminary Mold Screen consists of the following:
- Evaluation of a limited area of concern as expressed by the customer (or at the recommendation of the Home Inspector) conducted by Texas Licensed Mold personnel through our relationship with a Licensed Mold Consulting company.
- A physical examination of the potentially affected area(s), approximately 30 minutes.
- Representative air sampling (indoor and outdoor) for possible fungal contaminants.
- Representative surface sampling of any suspect fungal material.
- Submission of samples to a Texas Licensed Mold Laboratory for analysis.
- A copy of the written lab report, delivered to the customer within 48 hours of services performed. Provides information on what, if any, mold type(s) are present on the surface and at what level (spores per cubic meter) they are present in the air.
- Telephone consultation with the customer to explain findings and provide guidance on any further steps suggested.
The Preliminary Mold Screen DOES NOT include:
- Intrusion into inaccessible areas, such as behind walls, under carpeting, etc. for testing.
- Any guarantees that mold does or does not exist at the given property at the precise time of the inspection or in the future.
- A full assessment report with photos, drawings, conclusions or remediation recommendations. (If a service such as this is desired – cost is closer to the $1000-$1500 range. Please let us know and we can arrange, but this is not the under the scope of the Preliminary Mold Screen).
- A warranty or guaranty. It is understood that the Inspection Company, the Mold Consulting Company and the laboratory are not insurers, and that the mold screen, laboratory analysis and report shall not be construed as a guarantee or warranty of any kind.
You can book a Mold Screen as part of your home inspection, or simply book the service alone.
To book a Home Inspection with a Mold Screen included, click here:
To request a quote for a separate Mold Screen (with or without a Home Inspection), click here:
Additional Information & Resources About Mold